This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc compile-time performance
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, gdr at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: aoliva at redhat dot com, davem at redhat dot com, drow at mvista dot com,gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, law at redhat dot com, mark at codesourcery dot com,scott at coyotegulch dot com
- Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 10:12:36 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: gcc compile-time performance
> Did you a full bootstrap?
As I said earlier, what we did here was to bootstrap Ada and C building
all the Ada libraries and tools -- identical builds on the two machines,
and if anything Solaris/x86 seemed faster, but not significantly.