This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc compile-time performance
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: aoliva at redhat dot com, dewar at gnat dot com
- Cc: davem at redhat dot com, drow at mvista dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,gdr at codesourcery dot com, law at redhat dot com, mark at codesourcery dot com,scott at coyotegulch dot com
- Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 09:54:42 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: gcc compile-time performance
> Well, if you compare GNU/Linux with Solaris on x86, you'll get similar
> results: GCC builds much slower on Solaris than on GNU/Linux running
> on the same hardware.
Interesting, because until very recently we were building on Solaris/x86
and the build times seemed pretty much identical to Red Hat Linux, if
anything a bit faster.