This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc compile-time performance
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: davem at redhat dot com, dewar at gnat dot com
- Cc: drow at mvista dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdr at codesourcery dot com,law at redhat dot com, mark at codesourcery dot com, scott at coyotegulch dot com
- Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 09:14:22 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: gcc compile-time performance
> SPARC does not imply Solaris Dr. Dewar.
> I was comparing Linux vs. Solars on SPARC systems.
> Such that it was a direct OS comparison.
Sure, I understand that, but it would be surprising if GNU/Linux on SPARC
was relatively much faster than on x86.