This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.2 PATCH: Ada parallel bootstrap fixes
- From: Geert Bosch <bosch at gnat dot com>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>, kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu,pkoning at equallogic dot com, fw at deneb dot enyo dot de, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 09:12:06 -0400
- Subject: Re: 3.2 PATCH: Ada parallel bootstrap fixes
On Saturday, May 18, 2002, at 01:56 , Zack Weinberg wrote:
> In this particular case, I think the best thing to do is copy the
> mktemp() code out of GNU libc into the Ada runtime. That code is
> known to work, and we don't have to worry about the system library not
> providing mktemp or its being buggy.
Does this allow retrieval of the filename? My reading of the Ada standard
requires one to be able to retrieve the filename if there is a name
which the file can be accessed. As Robert confirmed, there is also code
out there depending on being able to retrieve the filename.
If you can come up with a patch that does fix the problem and allows
the user to obtain the external filename, that would be great.