Re: gcc compile-time performance

Robert Dewar wrote:-

> Yes, it is common to "with" (similar to include in effect) giant piles of
> specs to extract small portions, and if the "abuse" is heavy enough you
> can see an effect :-)

I don't know about Ada, but the ability to have trigraphs and escaped
newlines absolutely anywhere in C makes the preprocessor lexer nasty
enough, but combined with multibyte char support (which tends to limit
or remove your ability to look ahead or backwards in the input stream)
it becomes hellish.  At least that's my opinion having thought about
how I might do it for a while.

Neil.