This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc compile-time performance
- From: "David S. Miller" <davem at redhat dot com>
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Cc: drow at mvista dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdr at codesourcery dot com, law at redhat dot com, mark at codesourcery dot com, scott at coyotegulch dot com
- Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 05:06:01 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: gcc compile-time performance
- References: <20020519121617.92AE1F28CC@nile.gnat.com>
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Robert Dewar)
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 08:16:17 -0400 (EDT)
So it is a bit odd that this perceived unexpected slowness of
Solaris is language specific when it comes to builds. Worth
Mark found the bulk of the issues when building libjava,
as I mentioned.
But this still leaves "make check" which still makes Solaris too
painful to use for my purposes as a GCC developer. So my main
point still stands, Solaris sucks.