This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc compile-time performance
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: davem at redhat dot com, drow at mvista dot com
- Cc: dewar at gnat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdr at codesourcery dot com,law at redhat dot com, mark at codesourcery dot com, scott at coyotegulch dot com
- Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 01:16:38 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: gcc compile-time performance
<You might want to consider running Linux on your Sparc build
systems if that is a possibility. Just plain full GCC bootstraps
run several orders of magnitude faster on my Linux boxes than
identically configured hardware running Solaris (and indeed, even
against more beefy Solaris systems).
Surely you must be exaggerating here, several orders of magnitude would
imply at least a factor of 100???