Re: gcc compile-time performance

   From: dewar@gnat.com (Robert Dewar)
   Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 11:38:29 -0400 (EDT)

   Well that surely makes very little sense. France is not exactly a third
   world country, and there is no reason why "one the greatest French engineer
   school" should be using junk hardware to teach. Making GCC 25% faster willl
   not be sufficient to neutralize this unacceptable situation. I think you
   should be yelling at the school authorities at least as much as you yell
   at GCC in this case :-)

Again, absurd.  If a school could teach computer languages just fine
on a bunch of old 200 mhz PCs, I think that would be fantastic.