Re: gcc compile-time performance

   From: Jan Hubicka <jh@suse.cz>
   Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 12:38:22 +0200

   Needless to say that if we suceed to make our globals effective, we can burn
   away the CSE passes taking about 20% of optimized builds, but we are still
   far away of that and no one appears to be walking that direction.

Amusingly %13 of that CSE overhead comes from that stupid bit of
code in cselib I posted a patch for.

Honestly, GCC is littered with stupidities like that.  Nobody, and I
mean NOBODY is looking into this.  I can say this with some certainly
since it took me 5 minutes to discover a %13 overhead that could be
trivially fixed.