Re: gcc compile-time performance take 2

> So my suggestion (again, as a non-developer, though a frequent user) would be
> to time the SPEC builds. Considering that Andreas Jaeger and Diego Novillo
> are already building and running the benchmarks, it seems that a few tweaks
> to the scripts in question would easily allow one to follow compile-time
> performance on top of run-time performance.

I don't think timing the spec builds is that useful except for gcc, and that
information is more usefully obtained by measuring the time for a bootstrap
which is a figure that is itself useful. I am going to see if we can extract
useful information automatically from the ACT nightly builds.

It would also seem helpful to have Mark produce some typical large C++
progrmas (perhaps one more conventional in style, and one using amazing
template stuff aggressively) and build these every night timing the build
times.