This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc 3.1 is still very slow, compared to 2.95.3
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>
- Cc: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com, espie at nerim dot net, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, jh at suse dot cz
- Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 16:53:22 -0700
- Subject: Re: gcc 3.1 is still very slow, compared to 2.95.3
- References: <20020518230021.2DA50F2A5C@nile.gnat.com>
On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 07:00:21PM -0400, Robert Dewar wrote:
> How does compilation speed depend on the tuning of this constant?
If the build machine has "reasonable" amounts of memory, setting
this too low wastes time collecting too often. If the build machine
has "small" amounts of memory, setting this too high wastes time