This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc 3.1 is still very slow, compared to 2.95.3
- From: Julian Seward <jseward at acm dot org>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: rearnsha at arm dot com
- Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 21:14:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: gcc 3.1 is still very slow, compared to 2.95.3
- Reply-to: jseward at acm dot org
> Do we have machines where we can profile things like cache and TLB
> activity in user code?
Yes. Use valgrind on any x86-linux box; it'll give very detailed
I1/D1/L2 cache profiles from unmodified ELF binaries. It'll
print source code annotated by line with cache miss counts.
Get it from http://developer.kde.org/~sewardj