Re: gcc compile-time performance

<<Heh?  You can't have looked or thought about it much then.  There are so
many things that could be done it's not funny.  I wish I had more time
than I do to look at these things.

Well note that we have two *VERY* different complaint threads going on here.

1. That GNU C is slow, and that hence a bootstrap takes too long

2. That g++ is slow

I am dubious about finding any large factors for 1, having looked at profiles
for gcc compiling C.

It may well be true (and sounds as if it is true) that there may be ways
to attack 2 and get significant factors, and what is more interesting of
course is to try to find algorithmic improvements that may be more than
just a constant factor.