This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc compile-time performance
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, law at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdr at codesourcery dot com, mark at codesourcery dot com,scott at coyotegulch dot com
- Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 16:01:59 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: gcc compile-time performance
>>I would bet it would be enough to send our OS team into a state of ecstasy.
My point is simply that you can send your OS team into ecstasy just by telling
them to wait a couple of months, because that's how long the hadware will
take to catch that 30%.
Sure if you can get the 30% relatively easily and relatively fast, everyone
agrees that's worth while, but I doubt it is so easy, or so fast, and even
if you achieve it you just create a few month blip on the time line, that's