This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc compile-time performance
- From: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk>
- To: Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>
- Cc: gdr at codesourcery dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, scott at coyotegulch dot com
- Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 20:57:51 +0100
- Subject: Re: gcc compile-time performance
- References: <20020518160201.38410F2A59@nile.gnat.com>
Robert Dewar wrote:-
> The view that it will remain slow is merely realistic. I don't see any way
> of significantly improving compile time performance that is realistic. For
> me a significant improvement would be a factor of several.
Heh? You can't have looked or thought about it much then. There are so
many things that could be done it's not funny. I wish I had more time
than I do to look at these things.