Re: gcc compile-time performance

In article <78200000.1021742887@gandalf.codesourcery.com> you write:
>Agreed.  You need to look for order-of-magnitude improvements -- of which
>there are definitely some to be had in G++.  Precompiled headers, already
>being worked on, is one excellent example; for many programs this technique
>has been shown to make a huge difference.

Forgive me for trying to get things back on another track, but g++ speed
isn't the only issue.

The compilation speed problems I've reported about the OpenBSD kernel deal
EXCLUSIVELY with C code, and not really modern C code at that.

20% for the bare-bones compiler is no joke, C++ problems notwithstanding.