This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: gcc compile-time performance
- From: "Scott Robert Ladd" <scott at coyotegulch dot com>
- To: "Robert Dewar" <dewar at gnat dot com>, <gdr at codesourcery dot com>, <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 13:31:03 -0400
- Subject: RE: gcc compile-time performance
Robert Dewar wrote:
> The question is can you find ways to make substantial increases
> in speed. You are only going to get 10-30% that way
> and it is not going to be enough to be significant.
It can be quite significant when a compile takes hours (or days) to
complete. If we can gain 25% on a four-hour build, I gain an hour each time
I compile. And that's important (for some of us).