This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc compile-time performance
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>
- To: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, scott at coyotegulch dot com
- Date: 18 May 2002 18:10:26 +0200
- Subject: Re: gcc compile-time performance
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <20020518160651.63DF5F2D46@nile.gnat.com>
email@example.com (Robert Dewar) writes:
| > Telling people to buy the fastest computer isn't an indication that
| > the "everyone is in favor of improving the speed and memory usage of GCC."
| I am not telling everyone to buy the fastest computer. I am pointing out that
| in what ever environment you are working in, computers get faster
| very rapidly.
Yes, computers get faster rapidly, but users don't automatically get
faster computers rapidly.