This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc compile-time performance
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, gdr at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, scott at coyotegulch dot com
- Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 12:08:13 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: gcc compile-time performance
> I didn't miss it. I even point out that the assumption of working on
> the lastest hardware is an unrealistic. What you're missing is that
> we have hard data from reality.
Don't confuse arguments here. I was specifically referring to the claim
(not yours!) that the speed of bootstrapping GCC had not changed significantly
with respect to the hardware improvement curve. This discussion had nothing
whatever to do with the "xyz is not using the latest computer discussion".