This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc compile-time performance
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, gdr at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, scott at coyotegulch dot com
- Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 12:04:43 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: gcc compile-time performance
> Students needs to get hands on materials, experiment with them, and
> time does matter. As a C++ teacher, I have to teach them how to use
> the STL, how to wirte template codes. I can't use old compiler for
OK, I thought you said it was a software engineering course, but if the
course is about teaching standard C++ then indeed you need the latest
version of g++ and indeed from that point of view, adherence to thes
standard is probably more important than 20% compile time performance.