This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc compile-time performance
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>
- To: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, scott at coyotegulch dot com
- Date: 18 May 2002 17:56:14 +0200
- Subject: Re: gcc compile-time performance
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <20020518154937.37129F2A59@nile.gnat.com>
firstname.lastname@example.org (Robert Dewar) writes:
| > Why should we keep going down that path?
| Well look, no one is in favor of making GCC slow for the sake of making
| GCC slow, and everyone is in favor of improving the speed and memory usage
| of GCC.
Telling people to buy the fastest computer isn't an indication that
the "everyone is in favor of improving the speed and memory usage of GCC."