Re: gcc compile-time performance

> Whether your Ada front-end got faster overthe year doesn't imply that
> g++ also did.  Actually the C++ front-end got slower.  That is a fact;
> and people keep making report about that.  You can't declare they're
> dreaming just because your Ada front-end got faster.

No, you missed what I said, which is that assuming I am always working on
latest hardware, the peformance of all parts of GCC improves overall. Someone
claimed the contrary. Yes, I quite understand that on given hardware, the
g++ front end has got slower. But if you are telling me that the G++ front
end is slower today on a 2 gig machine than it was four years ago on a 486,
that's wrong, and of course it is apples and oranges, since that 486 was
running a much different and much less reliable front end :-)