RE: gcc compile-time performance

Robert Dewar wrote:
> In any case, the point I was making was that this is a discussion about
> compile time performance (see subject line), and the use of slow target
> processors in embedded environments is, I still maintain, irrelevant
> to that particular discussion.

And I still maintain that the speed of compilation on "old" hardware is
important because people still use "old" hardware for development. To
suggest a commercial alternative, as you have, defeats one of the goals of
free software.

The attitude that "compile time performance is irrelevent" is short-sighted,
at best.

I guess we shall just agree to disagree on this issue.

..Scott