This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc compile-time performance
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, gdr at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, scott at coyotegulch dot com
- Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 11:39:30 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: gcc compile-time performance
>From my concrete everyday life experience, it does matter.
OK, well I have been teaching for 30 years, and from that experience I
disagree. Teaching the principles of software engineering (remember you
said this was an SE course) does not require worrying about bells and
whistles in the latest version of software).