Re: gcc compile-time performance

> The point from reality you're missing is that as a mere teacher one
> doesn't have the ability to use such an alternative tool or have  the
> necessary financial support -- I'm teaching C and C++ in one the
> greatest French engineer school and I have to use very very old and
> slow HP machines.

Well that surely makes very little sense. France is not exactly a third
world country, and there is no reason why "one the greatest French engineer
school" should be using junk hardware to teach. Making GCC 25% faster willl
not be sufficient to neutralize this unacceptable situation. I think you
should be yelling at the school authorities at least as much as you yell
at GCC in this case :-)