Re: 3.2 PATCH: Ada parallel bootstrap fixes

> I also find it ironic to see this discussion in the context of Ada --
> which after all has as its major claim to fame its supposed fitness
> for creating highly reliable ("mil spec") software.  If that is valid,
> then the response to any flaws like this should be more aggressive
> than with "ordinary" programming languages.

Depends on what you mean by "like this". We have examined this issue
carefully (have you?) and we don't find it a serious or significant
problem. There are many more serious and significant problems (in
particular silent generation of incorrect code) that we think have
higher priority, and that is where we are putting our effort right
now. But most certainly we have no objection to anyone helping out
and working on these problems, although we have to be careful that
the fix is not worse than the disease. For example. Florian's suggestion
that temp files do not need names could be a real nuisance.