This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.2 PATCH: Ada parallel bootstrap fixes
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: bosch at gnat dot com, fw at deneb dot enyo dot de
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 11:05:25 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: 3.2 PATCH: Ada parallel bootstrap fixes
> If I read the Ada standard correctly, temporary files do not need to
> have names, so the code is in fact unnecessarily complex (we could
> simply call tmpfile() and rely on the C library getting it right, most
> of the problems stem from the fact that mkstemp() is a rather late
> addition to the POSIX C library, and we cannot assume that it is
> available widely).
A lot of code relies on temp files having names.