RE: gcc compile-time performance

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> Maybe we should declare that people working in the third world are not
> doing serious professional development work.  Sigh.

Precisely my point! Thank you.

People in wealthier areas tend to ignore the realities of the rest of the
world. So far as I know, gcc isn't just written for people in the U.S. and
Western Europe; perhaps I was wrong. Even in the U.S., there exist
significant segments of society that can not spend $500 on a new computer
every year or so.

Why is it that I successfully and economically drive a 17 year-old truck in
a world where a 17 MONTH-old computer is considered obsolete and unworthy of
consideration?

..Scott

Scott Robert Ladd
Coyote Gulch Productions,  http://www.coyotegulch.com
No ads -- just very free (and somewhat unusual) code.