This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc compile-time performance
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>
- To: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, scott at coyotegulch dot com
- Date: 18 May 2002 16:30:01 +0200
- Subject: Re: gcc compile-time performance
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <20020518142514.1842AF2A59@nile.gnat.com>
firstname.lastname@example.org (Robert Dewar) writes:
| > The reality is that people do serious, professional work for a large segment
| > of the computing populace on "old" systems. And gcc should recognize that,
| Yes, but as above, this is for targets. I don't know of people doing
| serious professional *development" on old junk systems. Or at least not
| this (386 and 496) junky!
Maybe we should declare that people working in the third world are not
doing serious professional development work. Sigh.