This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc 3.1 is still very slow, compared to 2.95.3
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com, espie at nerim dot net
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, jh at suse dot cz
- Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 09:17:25 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: gcc 3.1 is still very slow, compared to 2.95.3
> Right now, my compile times may have to do with cache hits... I have at
> least one killer box where paging cannot possibly be an issue.
> Paradoxically, investigating slowdowns is best run on real fast boxes.
Surely someone can do some measurements here. For example, SGI boxes have
good tools for measuring cache performance.