This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.2 PATCH: Ada parallel bootstrap fixes
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Cc: Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>, pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <ro at TechFak dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>
- Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 14:11:42 +0200
- Subject: Re: 3.2 PATCH: Ada parallel bootstrap fixes
- References: <Pine.SOL.email@example.com>
"Joseph S. Myers" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> If a release (here 3.1) has to go out with known security holes, at the
> very least there should be something in the release notes explaining the
> holes and what users should do to avoid being affected by them.
The buffer overflow has been removed by small but ugly patch before
the release. The other issue (the /tmp race condition) requires more
work, and I hoped to address after the Ada run-time build process has
been cleaned up (i.e. it has been moved out of the compiler sources to
a separate, top-level directory).