Re: Error report (gcc 3.1)

On 18 May 2002, Alexandre Oliva mused:
> On May 17, 2002, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr@codesourcery.com> wrote:
>
>> | Kludge suggestion: why not put the headers in the versioned location,
>> | but put symlinks to them in ${prefix}/include? The compiler won't
>> | consult those symlinks (because of the versioned headers) but the user
>> | can use them for reference if they wish.
>
>> If the files are there (through symlinks or whatever) the compiler
>> will pick them.
>
> I took the suggesting as implying that g++ would no longer pick them
> from there.  I actually found a good idea.

Yes, I was assuming that. A mental mixup between the versioned location
and tooldir include tree :) I'd say that an ordering that ran

tooldir include
versioned
local
${prefix}/include

would make most sense. (The versioned/local stuff is debatable; the
versioned/tooldir stuff is unimportant because we control both those
directories completely and so can make sure that there are no clashes).

--
`There are not words enough to describe how fucked up imake is.'
                                        --- Peter da Silva