This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: suggestions for GCC 3.2 release criteria
- From: Kaoru Fukui <k_fukui at highway dot ne dot jp>
- To: janis187 at us dot ibm dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 11:17:45 +0900 (JST)
- Subject: Re: suggestions for GCC 3.2 release criteria
On 17 May, Janis Johnson wrote:
Recent gcc-3.2 couldn't compile linux kernel(2.4.19) without fixing for
multi-line string literals,
because Kernel dirvers are used Multi-line string literals.
except this problem ,I could get working kernel.
I guess this is regression
PR c/6635 had Zack's reply.
> State-Changed-When: Sat May 11 10:59:22 2002
> Not a bug. Multi-line string literals are no longer supported by GCC 3.2. Fix your code.