This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc compile-time performance
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: davem at redhat dot com, dewar at gnat dot com
- Cc: ak at suse dot de, dberlin at dberlin dot org, dhazeghi at pacbell dot net,gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk, shebs at apple dot com
- Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 21:42:53 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: gcc compile-time performance
> What does it mean to "bootstrap" a proprietary CAD tool?
> The full build process.
OK, odd use of the word bootstrap, which is usually reserved for programs
that compile themselves (hence the bootstrap image, and hence the fact that
this term usually applies only to compilers). Probably clearer to use full
build, it's a much more common usage.