This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc compile-time performance
- From: "David S. Miller" <davem at redhat dot com>
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Cc: ak at suse dot de, dberlin at dberlin dot org, dhazeghi at pacbell dot net, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk, shebs at apple dot com
- Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 17:53:50 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: gcc compile-time performance
- References: <20020518005526.1C904F28D2@nile.gnat.com>
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Robert Dewar)
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 20:55:26 -0400 (EDT)
Well I find the notion of a bootstrap taking days to be weird. I do a
complete three cycle bootstrap of GNAT in about ten minutes on my notebook
which is a slow machine (compared to say a $900 desktop).
No, I don't mean a bootstrap of GCC. I mean a bootstrap of something
like a proprietary CAD tool.