This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc compile-time performance
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>, Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>
- Cc: dberlin at dberlin dot org, ak at suse dot de, dhazeghi at pacbell dot net, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk
- Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 20:47:50 -0400
- Subject: Re: gcc compile-time performance
>>>>> Stan Shebs writes:
Stan> Depends on the audience. Most Apple developers pound on Steve Jobs
Stan> about GCC being slower than CodeWarrior, then Steve proceeds to
Stan> pound on us. :-( :-) There is a group that is concerned about
Stan> runtime performance, but it's much smaller.
This also has been a priority for IBM's compilers, especially at
low optimization, for rapid compile-test-debug cycles.