This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc compile-time performance
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: dberlin at dberlin dot org, shebs at apple dot com
- Cc: ak at suse dot de, dhazeghi at pacbell dot net, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk
- Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 20:14:20 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: gcc compile-time performance
My own feeling here is that compile time performance is less important
than run time performance. We have never seen a customer pushed in the
direction of a proprietary compiler by compile time performance, but we
have seen many concerns about runtime performance being slower.