Re: cleanup query: _ALL_SOURCE

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 05:47:37PM -0400, Tim Hollebeek wrote:
> This is really, really stretching my memory, but as I remember it is
> used in the internal AIX headers to guard definitions of functions
> that exist on almost all unixes, but strictly shouldn't be defined
> according to the appropriate standards.

Grrr.  I'm now guessing (wild guess here) that it enables the existence
of bsd style functions where there are ISO counterparts with different
semantics, or something similar.  If so, it really shouldn't be
needed at all once gcc is modernized in this regard (a project not yet
touched).

Thanks for the info everyone; I'll look at this again after my current
projects are done.