This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Some (small) c++ compilation profiling data (oprofile)
- From: Andi Kleen <ak at suse dot de>
- To: Will Cohen <wcohen at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 17 May 2002 23:08:03 +0200
- Subject: Re: Some (small) c++ compilation profiling data (oprofile)
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <3CE54609.email@example.com>
Will Cohen <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I have a Dell Inpiron 4100 with a 1 GHz mobile Pentium III and oprofile
> is using the mobile Pentium III performance monitoring hardware.
The mobile pentium III has no local APIC. This means oprofile cannot
directly receive interrupts when counters overflow and has to do rtc
based sampling instead.
This is probably done by forcing your cpu type back.