Re: Some (small) c++ compilation profiling data (oprofile)

Zack Weinberg wrote:-

> Yes.  It gets called for every identifier in the program, and there
> are more of those than anything else in typical C++.

Hmm.  I'm not so sure.  cpp_get_token is called for every token,
including tokens during macro expansion.  It was nowhere in sight,
but has a similar amount of logic.

My understanding of the posted data was that it was just the time
spent in the given routine, and didn't include children.  If that
is true, IMO the numbers are way too high, and it looks like we're
having loads of collisions, or something else odd is happening.

Is it possible to break it down into per-line or per-block info?
Or run it with -fmem-report to see if the hash table statistics
look suspicious?

Neil.