This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: sse? sse2? mmx?
- From: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- To: "Neal D. Becker" <nbecker at hns dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 14:38:21 +0200
- Subject: Re: sse? sse2? mmx?
- References: <email@example.com>
> What are suggested settings to optimize double float performance on
Athlon-xp support SSE1 instruction set only and it has no support for doubles,
only for floats, so there is no way to use the extensions.
Next generation of AMD chips will, as you can see in the description of x86-64
architecture adn AMD's pages.
For Pentium4 it is -march=pentium4 -mfpmath=see
For Athlon-xp/floats it is -march=athlon-xp -mfpmath=sse