Re: Ok to make a temporary branch for cygwin/mingw?

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Is it acceptable to make a branch for this purpose?  It sure would
> be preferable to the patch-heck we're going through now.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cvswrite.html

  Any maintainer with CVS write access may create and use a branch for
  development, including outside the parts of the compiler they maintain,
  provided that changes on the branch have copyright assignments on file.
  Merging such developments back to the mainline still needs approval in
  the usual way.
  :
  When creating a branch for development, you should first tag the
  branchpoint.

Gerald