Re: Error report (gcc 3.1)

Phil Edwards <phil@jaj.com> writes:

| > A safer way to deal with this issue is
| > to version the header files installation.  That is, instead of
| > installing in
| >
| >    ${prefix}/include/g++-v3/
| >
| > we should be installing in
| >
| >   ${prefix}/include/g++/${major}.{minor}/
|
| I agree wholeheartedly with the idea, but for the implementation, wouldn't
| it be easier to just make --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs the default?

I'm unclear as to what you mean here.

What I'm proposing is that from now on, we implement versioned header
files with no fancy flags (I have a preliminary implementation; it was
easy to instruct CPP abour where to search files but it remains to convince
V3 configury machinary to install at the proper place).

-- Gaby