This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.1 version string
- From: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com>
- To: ro at TechFak dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE (Rainer Orth)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 13:58:19 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.1 version string
> Unlike e.g. gcc 2.95, gcc 3.1 (and the various 3.0 releases) return a
> version string of just
> gcc version 3.1
> instead of the previous
> gcc version 2.95 19990728 (release)
> Is this really intentional or some fallout from the
> maintainer_scripts/gcc_release script?
It's the standard way that GNU tool versions come out. It was 2.95 that
was the oddball (an artifact coming from egcs); older gcc releases didn't
have a date.