This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Error report (gcc 3.1)
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Cc: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>, Maurizio Loreti <loreti at pd dot infn dot it>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at unitus dot it>
- Date: 16 May 2002 22:56:45 +0200
- Subject: Re: Error report (gcc 3.1)
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <Pine.BSF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Gerald Pfeifer <email@example.com> writes:
| On Thu, 16 May 2002, Stan Shebs wrote:
| > Yes. We've been hosed by this too, and it's so confusing it should
| > probably in some sort of FAQ or release note. The problem is that the
| > old basic_file.h is always going to be in the search path ahead of the
| > new one, and so any installation that doesn't completely delete the
| > pre-3.1-final g++-v3 is going to get nailed by this.
| I believe we'd be better of recommending against installing one version
| of GCC over another one.
That is why I proposed versioning header files while back.