Re: GCSE store motion

> My point is that I can well imagine the compiler spending 10% of its time
> on software pipelining for scientific code, but that would seem highly
> out of whack on code like that in GCC.

I just did an full profile of an gcc 3.1 bootstrap. The top offender
(~5%) is ggc_alloc in ggc-page where I suspect the bitmap scanning loop
eats most of the CPU time. If software pipelining of that single simple loop
cut off some of the 5% then it would surely be noticeable in gcc bootstrap
times :-)

-Andi