This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: cleanup query: _ALL_SOURCE
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Nathanael Nerode <neroden at doctormoo dot dyndns dot org>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 13:30:00 -0400
- Subject: Re: cleanup query: _ALL_SOURCE
- References: <20020516150420.GA7363@doctormoo.dyndns.org>
On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 11:04:20AM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> I was looking for things to clean up, and I found that
> _ALL_SOURCE is defined in several places (host or target specific), but
> not tested anywhere.
> I'm guessing it's obselete and can be removed. (But it might be a
> 'secret flag' for some system compilers, in which case I'd be wrong.)
> I'd like verification from someone who understands its original purpose
> before I start sumbitting patches.
It is a "secret flag". For HP/UX, I think. Generally true of most
things starting with an underscore, which belong to the implementation
Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer