This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.1 Released
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "Richard dot Kreckel at Uni-Mainz dot DE" <Richard dot Kreckel at Uni-Mainz dot DE>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 07:29:18 -0700
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.1 Released
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
--On Thursday, May 16, 2002 03:48:49 PM +0200 "Richard B. Kreckel"
> On Wed, 15 May 2002, Mark Mitchell wrote:
>> The release can be found in the file:
> Which in addition is symlinked by gcc/gcc-3.1.tar.gz. I don't recall when
> this habit started, but I would like to ask you to refrain from this
I'm not sure where that originates; that's how the 3.0.x releases were
done, so that's how I did this one.
> The reason is as follows: Many people like to get the whole directory
> gcc-3.1 tar'ed up by jsut saying
> ftp> get gcc-3.1.tar
That actually gets you a lot of the same things twice; the gcc-3.1.tar.gz
file actually contains everything in that directory.
Mark Mitchell email@example.com
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com