Re: Your gcc3.1 release date is a joke

> "GCC 3.2 final is expected to be completed somewhere between Dec 2003 and September 2004. Please note that this is an expectation, not a commitment, and the dat

I think "expect" is the wrong word, if we expect it, then so will the outside
world. I would use language something like.

The current internal target date for completion of work on the final GCC 3.2
release is bla ... We do not yet have an estimated date for the release,
since this depends on many factors.

The rest of Tim's statement is fine, though I am a bit dubious about the value
of guns in this particular context :-)