This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCSE store motion
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl
- Cc: dberlin at dberlin dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, law at redhat dot com,mark at codesourcery dot com, roger at eyesopen dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 07:54:09 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: GCSE store motion
> (Of course, those programmers should have used the SAVE statement to
> cause the value of the variable to be kept)
The SAVE statement was a late addition to Fortran, so it is unfamiliar
to many Fortran programmers. I wonder if compilers could manage to
detect some cases of obvious omission and generate warnings?